Sunday, November 15, 2009

West Point: Army VS. Vanderbilt

Well, talk about a great time!!!! I had the opportunity to attend the West Point Army football game vs. Vanderbilt. But first, let me give you a little background. In March 2009, I attended West Point for a Wounded Warriors event, as Miss Westchester County and was hoping to have the opportunity to return to West Point as Miss New York.

In the process of planning a trip to West Point, Ken Nelson, my fantastic business manager, :) received an email from Cadet Sergeant, Gavin White, a cow (junior), regarding the West Point banquet commemorating 500 days until his class graduated and wanted to know if Miss New York would be his date. Unfortunately, the event falls during the week I will be in Las Vegas for Miss America. Ken kindly sent his regrets that I would not be able to attend. Since I was flattered to have been asked to attend this special West Point event, Ken and I began thinking of how we could surprise Cadet Sergeant White on another day. 



Soooo, Ken made phone calls and I was invited to attend the West Point-Vanderbilt game. After confirmation we tried to keep my attendance a secret. We attended a breakfast that morning, observed the cadet review, attended the Superintendent's tailgate, and Cadet Sergeant White and I signed autographs in Black Knight alley. Well, this is where I tried to surprise him. Although, he already received word that I was attending, considering the stellar communications of our Army!




After our time at Black Knight Alley, we went into the game!! Talk about a crazy, on the edge of your seat football game--it was fantastic!! The best news: ARMY WON!! woohoo! :)





Army vs. Vanderbilt was a great time and I look forward to attending another game. (Maybe Army vs. Navy, wouldn't that be fantastic--Cadets and Midshipmen!! Oh yea, and great football! )




                                                            (or an Army basketball game)


No comments:

Post a Comment